That’s right, I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! It’s actually the second time I’ve been nominated. I kinda forgot about it the first time, though, which is weird because it was the first time in the nearly five years I’ve been blogging that I’d ever been nominated for an award like this.
Anyway, the lovely S.Z.W.ordsmith was kind enough to nominate me (thank you!) – evidently my poetry makes her smile. That makes me smile, because I do so love to make others happy. The rules say I have to say seven things about myself and nominate fifteen others for the award, so here goes!
- I am taking a break from novel submissions to work on this while two ornery little boys are “playing” with an empty pop bottle and an activity box (The quotes are appropriate – have you ever seen toddlers play? I rest my case.) across the room. There are three others in the next room. They’re not all mine, I promise. (Okay, okay, most of them are. :))
- I’ve sent out seven submissions in the last 24 hours. I’m excited about this because it means I’m proving Seymour wrong, but at the same time, I’m trying not to hold my breath.
- I would love to write a lit fic novel and have it sell amazingly well. One problem: I’m not entirely sure how to go about it. Then again, I’d never written post-apocalyptic horror flash fiction till October, and that worked out pretty well, so maybe I just need to buckle down and try? (I know, I know – “Do or do not; there is no try.” You know what, Yoda? Don’t care. :))
- I love the idea of being a stay-at-home mom. Unfortunately, the reality of being a stay-at-home mom is not for me. More power to all you stay-at-home parents, whatever your gender.
- I’m a peacemaker. I hate to rock the boat. Can’t we all just get along?
- I envy my single friends their lifestyle, but I wouldn’t trade my family for the world.
- Suddenly they all died. The end. (Sorry – I was overdue! :))
- Okay, I feel guilty about that last one – it was kind of a cheat. Let’s see, something else, something else…Oh! I know! I’m ready for it to cool off again. I should not be this hot five days into May.
And now, to spread the love, I nominate the following people (in no particular order) for the Versatile Blogger Award:
- The lovely Tara, whose essays are excellent and who should seriously be submitting things for publication (hint hint :));
- Chief Inquisitor Kate Jack, whose interviews (among other things) are always brilliant;
- High-larious Kathy, whose posts generally make me laugh, what with the snark and making up of words;
- A taller-than-average woman who always makes me laugh (seriously, if you haven’t checked out the post about how she saved her friend from hellfire and brimstone, you should totes check it out);
- CJ Levinson – he posts sporadically, it’s true, but his posts are worth the wait;
- One Sergeant Gummie Dragon, whose book, Vortex: Return of the Effra, will soon be available for purchase;
- Sophie Tallis, whose exhilarating descriptions of her travels through New Zealand are a real treat;
- AFE Smith, spymaster extraordinaire for the Alliance of Worldbuilders, whose entries in last month’s Blogging A to Z challenge were quite enlightening;
- Tamara Hickman, another Worldbuilder, who will be self-publishing her novel any day now (or so I’m told);
- The always-entertaining (no matter what he says) Will Macmillan Jones, whose books you should buy so he can support all those puppies;
- Lisa Wiedmeier, whose second book, Promises, is supposed to be released sometime this month (she promised! :));
- Gretchen Steen, who adores dragons almost as much as Lindsey (aka Sgt. Gummie Dragon);
- John Lucas Hargis – writer, antique dealer, and all-around helpful guy;
- Jeremy Rodden, self-publishing genius (he shares the title with the Ice Queen, aka Lisa Wiedmeier); and last but certainly not least,
- Emily McKeon, the Absentee Blogger. Again, a sporadic but worth-the-wait blogger.
Be sure to give my friends some blog love! They’re all well worth a read.
(c) 2012. All rights reserved.