Writing 201: Trust

Day three is all about acrostics, another of my favorite forms of poetry.  I haven’t written one in a while, and this one about trust was a real challenge.

roseBroken Trust

To you I gave my heart, and with no
Remorse, you crushed it.
Under a brilliant full moon I gave you my
Soul, and with unbelievable
Temerity, you destroyed it.

(c) 2015.  All rights reserved.

Advertisements

11 thoughts on “Writing 201: Trust

Thanks! I’m glad you enjoyed it. 🙂

Are you doing Writing 201, too? I wish I’d been able to sign up for the course, but I didn’t know anything about it till the sign-up period was over. 😦 Oh, well – I’m still participating unofficially, and it’s still fun! 🙂

• Kate's Bookshelf says:

I am doing it! Oh that’s too bad about you not being able to sign up for the class, so you can’t have access to the Commons. Okay, so now I’ll be able to link to you though for a bit of sharing!

It is so much fun. And good hard work. I like it.

Liked by 1 person

Me, too. It’s been a long time since I wrote an acrostic, and some of the other poetry forms are ones I haven’t tried (I mainly write haiku, though I’ve done acrostics in the past and dabbled in free verse as well). 🙂

• Kate's Bookshelf says:

It has been a challenge and a half for some of them, like the elegy and ballad. But the acrostic is fun since you don’t have to rhyme.. You really don’t have to rhyme with anything, but I like to try. It’s good to try new things. I’m just hoping sonnet isn’t one of the themes. I dread sonnets. 😛

The elegy was hard! I still have to write my ballad yet, but I know that’ll be hard, too – I want it to rhyme, but rhyming is hard. I just wrote a narrative poem that rhymed for my step-daughter, and I think it might be the hardest thing I’ve ever written, way harder than writing a novel. Between getting the story right, making it rhyme, and ensuring it flowed well, I had a bugger of a time with it.

And I’m with you on the sonnets. I love to read them, but writing them was always a challenge.

• Kate's Bookshelf says:

I have done rhyme for years, partly because my mother believed only rhyming poetry was poetry. But I don’t do it as much unless I’m telling a story. Then I stick mostly with couplets. The abab method is so hard. And before I got going correctly on the ballad, it was coming out like a really bad limerick.

I have tried writing a sonnet. Once. It turned out to not be a sonnet and I scrapped it. (I kept it cause it was nice, but it wasn’t a sonnet.)

Liked by 1 person

I tried to write a sonnet for a school project in middle school, and it didn’t go well. I haven’t tried again since, but you’re right – abab is so hard!

The story I wrote for Miss Tadpole is abcb, but there were a couple of places where it wanted to be abac or abab, and then I really had to stop and think how to write myself out of that particular corner. I’m facing the same problem now as I’m working on my ballad, which is based around that same story, only from one character’s perspective (the story is in third-person). I think I might be at this all night… 🙂

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )