Friday At Last!

It’s Friday at last,
And the countdown’s begun – just
Ten more minutes till

Quittin’ time; ten more
Minutes to freedom; ten more
Minutes to fun. Woo!

wpid-20150719_113347.jpg

I can’t wait for the
Weekend – I’ll have a blast. But
I hope that the time

Won’t pass too quickly
And leave me waiting once more
For Friday at last.

(c) 2015. All rights reserved.

Advertisements

43 thoughts on “Friday At Last!

True. But I feel like it’s best to make the most of all one’s days anyway, because you never know which day will be your last. I’ve always felt particularly doomed, so it really bothers me that I’ve not yet accomplished everything I set out to do in life.

Liked by 1 person

• laurie27wsmith says:

I’ve been plagued with ptsd since 1971 and it sucked the enjoyment out of my life to a huge degree. By the 80’s I felt that every time I left the house I was going to die. It’s only been the last 8 years that I’ve managed to rise above that feeling, although some days I get a tad anxious when going out. So every day I treat as a real blessing and enjoy as much of it as I can. I wanted to do many things but you have to be happy with what you accomplish by the end of each day. It makes life easier to accept.

Yikes. My problem is that my mom died when she was 31, and I somehow became convinced that I didn’t have much more time than she did (seriously, I have no idea how that idea lodged itself in my head, but it did).

I’m 31 now, and I have a great life, it’s just not the one I’d planned to have – but then, whose is? So I’m just gonna keep doing what I do, and have one hell of a party come January. πŸ˜€

Liked by 1 person

• laurie27wsmith says:

Many people go through this, ‘My dad mum died at such and such an age, therefore I’m doomed.’ My dad died at 63, his dad at 57 his dad died at 84. So I’m hanging out for great g/dad Bill Smith. πŸ™‚ That’s it Kay, you have to live the life you have because we don’t know when it’s going to be up. I’m looking forward to my 64th birthday in late December. πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

I know the feeling. Right now I feel either like I’m ninety or like I got hit by a truck, and I haven’t decided which one’s more accurate yet. (I’m leaning toward hit by a truck.) πŸ˜‰

Just figures – I get an evening to myself to write, and I feel so crappy I can’t even focus on the Star Trek episode Miss Tadpole has on. :/

• laurie27wsmith says:

My, we are in a bad way. You need to stop playing on the freeway, those trucks are dangerous. πŸ™‚ I know what you mean though, some days are such a drag and your body hurts. Are you keeping your water intake up? WHat a bummer, free time and no drive. You obviously have the blahs. Chin up, you have youth on your side. πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

Yeah. πŸ™‚ It’s been a hectic couple of weeks, what with school starting back up and all. I think I just need to catch up on my sleep. At least it’s Friday, and a long weekend to boot! πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

That all depends – my dad retired when I was two, so he saw us off to school every morning.

Monday’s Labor Day here, and I’m looking forward to it. We don’t have any big plans, but that’s okay. I love long weekends. πŸ™‚

• laurie27wsmith says:

Migraines are nasty, my eldest sister used to get them and they drove her to despair. My week? Well I’ve made it extremely busy. I’ve collected manure and forest mulch, oh and a heap of chicken manure. Moved large rocks, formed a new garden, created, cleaned out rubbish from the shed, fixed my brush cutter, bounced around on the tractor and change a hundred yards of electric fence around. other than that, not much else. πŸ™‚

Wow, that DOES sound busy! It seems like every week is busy here. People get all excited about summer because it means a slow-down, but I don’t think it does for me. And with Cricket starting kindergarten next fall and Thumper starting in 2017, I have a feeling my free time situation is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

I know I’ll miss it all someday, but right now… *sigh*

Liked by 1 person

I know I will, but right now, oy! Today, for instance, I’m watching my sister’s two kids and my oldest son is having two friends over…At some point, I’m going to have eight kids in my house and hubby’s at work. Maybe it’s a good thing we stopped at four… πŸ˜€

Liked by 1 person

Right? At one point, I wanted five or six, but I’m glad my husband talked me out of it. I love my kids, but I’m not the most patient person in the world. Yesterday was certainly…interesting. πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

Oh, yes. I used to pray for patience when I was only dealing with one kid. Then I got married and inherited a daughter. Then we decided we needed more kids, and had Thing 3 and Thing 4.

I read somewhere once upon a time that when you pray for patience, God gives you opportunities to be patient. I stopped praying for patience after that because I decided I definitely didn’t need anymore opportunities to practice my patience.

As for interesting, I simply couldn’t think of a better word to describe the experience of taking six kids out on the town. It was yet another series of opportunities for me to be patient. It could have been worse, but it also could have been much, much, MUCH better.

Liked by 1 person

• laurie27wsmith says:

Ah Kim, patience is a virtue, keep it if you can, rarely found in woman and never found in man. I don’t know who penned it but it’s quite apt. So it was that bad then? Poor lamb. Remember you always get what you ask for. πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

Oh, yes. My older two were supposed to be crowd control while I dealt with a cell phone issue, but they abandoned ship as soon as we arrived, leaving me with a bored eight-year-old and three grumpy kids under five. Oh, well. I got done what I needed to do and we all made it home alive.

Patience is a virtue, find it if you can…
            My grandma used to say that when I was little. πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )