Well, my video diary idea rapidly crashed and burned, and with it, my plan to write a new poem (and blog post) every day.
I guess that’s about par for the course, though. Lately it seems that I plan and God laughs (hysterically). So what have I been up to so far in 2020? Well, let’s see. I’ve been:
- Revising The Lokana Chronicles (again);
- Writing poetry (but sadly, not every day);
- Workshopping my poems (yay feedback!);
- Trying to keep up with the kids;
- Getting older;
- Saying goodbye to relatives;
- Capturing Iowa’s natural beauty with my camera;
- Playing a ridiculous amount of Harry Potter Wizards Unite and Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery;
- Stress eating;
- Catching up with friends, both old and new; and
- Submitting poems for publication (not that it’s gone well).
I suppose that’s actually quite a lot, given that the new year is only just a couple of months old. And January was definitely crazy – almost as crazy as December, if you can believe it (I know I can’t).
Also, show of hands: Who’s ready to be done with winter?
So how about you? What’s new in your world? Have you been able to stick to your New Year’s resolutions?
(c) 2020. All rights reserved.