Yay, I’m at home! I love being at home because it’s not work. I love my job, it’s just that I’m really loving my home-with-the-family time lately. Also, I’m tired tonight, so it’s a good thing I don’t have to be working right now. Not that I got much done earlier…
But since I’m feeling particularly whiny about the state of tax season this year, I thought I’d write a little more about my lovely ordeal with the Social Security Administration yesterday. I know I already said that I was thoroughly irritated with them by the time I got a real live person on the phone, and here’s why:
• 1:46 p.m. Between my kids, my dad, and the government, it’s been a headache-inducing sort of day, and mine’s a doozy.
• 1:55 p.m. It’s official: I really, REALLY hate calling numbers where you have to talk to a recording. Yes, that means you, U.S. Government.
• 1:56 p.m. “Our automated system can handle many tasks quickly.” No, no it can’t. Shut up and put me on the phone with an actual person already!
• 1:56 p.m. And shut up so I can complain aloud to my coworkers!
• 1:57 p.m. AAARRRGGHH! IT WON’T SHUT UP!!! SHOOT ME NOW!
• 2:02 p.m. “Please say and spell your mother’s maiden name. If you don’t know what it is, just say none.” Seriously? Who doesn’t know that?
• 2:02 p.m. Yay! Hold music! THANK GOD!
• 2:05 p.m. Okay, so this hold music really, really sucks, but at least it’s less annoying than the stupid recording I was talking to a few minutes ago.
• 2:06 p.m. I nearly screamed at the stupid recording when it didn’t understand my name. It’s a freaking letter! It’s not that complicated!
• 2:23 p.m. But I don’t want to paper file my return! I think I’ll try to e-file it again (for the fourth time). Maybe this time it won’t be rejected.
• 2:42 p.m. I can hope, anyway. I really, really hope it won’t be rejected this time. *crosses fingers*
Yeah, my return was rejected. Again. But at least this time I think I know why, and it has something to do with the info I dug up last night that I didn’t know about before, so maybe tomorrow when Randy goes over things again, he’ll be able to fix it and then we can e-file our return and it won’t be rejected and we can get our refund so that we can start doing things around the house again and perhaps I can stop writing in hugely long run-on sentences or maybe not but perhaps.
Also, it’s really cold in here. Again. Like it’s been all the rest of this God-forsaken winter. I can’t wait till June. On the other hand, I saw this really great Heart of the City strip tonight:
And now, off to bed!
(c) 2010. All rights reserved.