Foggy Trees

Foggy Trees

Here’s a little experimental photography for you.  Something tells me the sky will look a lot like this a little later today (read: on my drive home). *sigh*

Stupid weather.  I’m supposed to go to the park for a play date!  Go rain elsewhere!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the picture.  Let me know what you think below!

(c) 2013.  All rights reserved.

25 thoughts on “Foggy Trees

Thank you! I love it, too – I even set it as the background on my phone. 🙂

The only problem with my house is the lack of usable wall space. I already have a bunch of framed pictures that I want to hang when I get my library finished, and I suspect I’m not going to have room for them all in there. I think you’re right, though – this one should definitely be added to the list. 😀

*claps excitedly* Oh, good. Because I have a shiny new DSLR and photography is in my blood. I may not be able to draw to save my soul, but I do love taking pictures. 🙂

• Roger says:

DSLR?
            When I was a Royal marine, I carried an SLR – Self Loading Rifle. I’m sure that’s not what you meant – or was it? When photographers say shoot, I thought…

Ha! Oh, Lordy, you kill me, Roger! A DSLR is a digital single-lens reflex camera. I have an SLR, too, the kind that needs film, but I’ve been thinking of selling it in order to help pay for the new camera. Not because I don’t like it (I do), but because no one is selling film anymore and if you can find it, no one will develop it anymore. I don’t know how to do it myself and I know I could learn, but I don’t have the equipment to do it with – sadly, the only windowless room in my house isn’t nearly big enough to turn into a darkroom.

It kills me every time I use my film camera to take pictures of my kids, though. They always ask to see the pictures as soon as I’m done taking them and I have to explain – repeatedly, because apparently their memory is about as long as their attention span – that film cameras and digital are different, that you can’t see the pictures right away. I wonder what they would have thought of Polaroids…

• Roger says:

Oh, okay. I get it now.
            just in case you can find some film, you can leave it for years in a fridge until you find someone to develop it. Just remember to take it out 24hrs before you give it to them.
            I had an image of those naughty people in Belfast and other places who tried to shoot me; and me saying, “Stop. Turn your head. Pout, give me attitude.” They would have given me attitude, alright.A lead enema more like.

Thank you! It reminds me a bit of the illustrations from the Scary Stories books by Alvin Schwartz. Not quite so creepy, but that was sort of the vibe I was going for. I’m glad you liked it! 🙂