My fabulous friend Charnele tagged me last week to share a little about some of my nervous tics. I don’t think I have a whole lot of nervous habits, but there are a few that spring immediately to mind:
- I clam up. I’m shy by nature and have a hard time initiating conversations with people I don’t know well (and occasionally with those I do know well).
- I fidget. I play with my hands, my wedding ring, or my hair. I adjust my clothes. I cross my arms. You get the picture.
- I chew my cheeks or lips. I do this instead of clenching my jaw, but sometimes that happens, too.
- Hot flashes…I have them. I have them even when I’m not nervous, but they seem to hit especially hard when I’m nervous about something.
- I sweat. It’s an extension of the hot flashes, but one I’m rather self-conscious about.
What about you? Do you do anything in particular when you’re nervous?
(c) 2014. All rights reserved.