Yay Friday! :)

Multitasking: I found the portal to Lokana while hiking at Pine Lake on a family vacation. Family time + research FTW! :)

Multitasking: I found the portal to Lokana while hiking at Pine Lake on a family vacation. Family time + research FTW! 🙂

So, it’s Friday.  Woohoo!  It’s been a week of big, exciting things around the country, and it’s been a week of big exciting things right here in my own backyard.  It’s going to be a super busy weekend, too.  So what am I doing to prepare?

I’M WRITING, Y’ALL!

I’ve been working on Remnants again the last couple of days, and it feels great, but I can’t get my inner editor to shut up, which is irritating.  I have a buttload of revisions left to do on The Lokana Chronicles, but I really need a week or so of peace, quiet, and no internet to get them done. 🙂

Still, it feels wonderful to be enjoying my passions again.  I’ve missed playing with my camera and visiting imaginary worlds and the people that populate them.  And since I’m starting a new job next week, it’s nice that at least a little bit of the change going on in my life is change that I enjoy (not that I’m not excited about the new job – I totally am).

So for now, it’s back to writing.  Big things are in the works and I need time to prepare.  Have a great weekend, everybody!

(c) 2013.  All rights reserved.

16 thoughts on “Yay Friday! :)

1. Lyssa says:

I love to write as well and have made myself sit down amidst the chaos of summer and have a go at it! Here’s to you and your changes and to putting our thoughts on paper!

Thanks! I usually write during my lunch breaks, but the last couple of weeks have been so busy that even that writing time has been interrupted (or even nonexistent), so it feels great to be writing again. And after a year-long hiatus, I’m back to keeping a diary again, which feels even better. My memory is terrible, so I have a huge collection of diaries that I’ve filled over the years. They help me remember where I come from.

Here’s to summer! Thanks for stopping by! 🙂

Thanks! We have a long weekend next weekend. It was supposed to be extra long, but with the new job, that’s not gonna happen anymore. Oh, well. It’s actually a second job, so that’s nice.

Enjoy your long weekend! 🙂

2. mandyevebarnett says:

I’m excited as I leave for England on Monday so this weekend is extra special. I absolutely love your photo. It is just the sort of place my little healer sprites live in – that’s my current WIP.
    Enjoy your weekend

Thanks! Good luck to you! New job is only temporary, but that’s okay. If I do a good job, it could eventually maybe become permanent. And two part-time jobs will make for a full-time paycheck for a while, which will be nice.

It is a little strange, though – I feel rather like I’m freelancing, because this is the second temporary job I’ve had in a month (the other actually was freelance work). Apparently I’m in demand as a secretary! Now if only I could say that for writing… 😀

Yep yep! I’ll be filling in for someone across the street. It could last for up to six weeks, so it kind of messes up our camping plans, but since we were already going to be camping close to home the first time in July anyway, it could have been a lot worse. Like Bubbles said earlier: “You won’t miss out on s’mores!”

If only s’mores were still the most important part of my summer. Wait, why aren’t they? 😀

• *tara says:

I don’t know, they should be! For some reason they remind me of sixth grade time, aka one of the best times I ever had.

Good luck with job! Woo hoo!

Oh, sixth grade camp. God, wasn’t that a blast? I can’t believe how soon it will be Miss Tadpole’s turn for that adventure. But you’re right – I should definitely make s’mores a bigger life priority. 😛