She’s a-gone!

That’s it!  I’ve finished!  Yes, that’s right, again, I’ve finally finished again.  But this time I mean it.  I just hit send on an email to someone who requested my full manuscript.  So now I really am done.  And now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go breathe into a brown paper bag for a bit and then maybe read a book.  For fun!

I know, I’m such a party girl. 😛

(c) 2012.  All rights reserved.

22 thoughts on “She’s a-gone!

1. Tory Richards says:

Fantastic news and I wish you the best. I remember the thrill of having my first manuscript requested. But listen, you are a long way from being done. After they accept it you have a lot of paperwork to fill out. There’s the contract, a cover art form, and then there’s the editing. Don’t forget that:) I personally love the editing process. Good luck and I look forward to having you be a guest on my blog.

By the way, I read a couple of your poems. I’m so jealous! That’s something I’ve never been able to tackle. Except for…Roses are red, violets are blue…

Tory

• Kay Lynn says:

Oh, I know I’m far from done. But I’m done with the writing and the current round of editing, at any rate. Until someone accepts it and tells me they want other stuff changed, I’m done. And right now, it feels good to be done, even if it’s only for a while.

And thank you – I’m glad you enjoyed my poems! That’s something I always go back and forth with. I enjoy writing them, but I’m not always convinced that they’re good. Still, they’re better than the music I’ve tried to compose… 😀

• Tory Richards says:

How do you know your poems are better than the music you’ve composed? Have you been given any feedback on your music? You remind me of me when I first started out. We are our own worst critics! I firmly believe there’s an audience out there for almost anything:)

• Kay Lynn says:

It’s true, I am my own worst critic. 🙂 I was actually brave enough to perform one of my compositions at my school’s annual variety show when I was 17, but I remain convinced that they were only applauding out of ingrained politeness.

• floridaromanceauthors says:

You’ll never know unless you take the leap and pitch it to someone. You want to go through your whole life wondering, what if? My daughter had to encourage me to submit my first book and that book was on the publisher’s best seller’s list for 2 consecutive months! Don’t be afraid of rejection. It’s only a word:)

• Kay Lynn says:

I have a whole lot more to learn about music theory and composition before I go pitching any of the music I’ve tried to compose. For now, I’ll stick with pitching things I’ve drafted with words instead of notes. At least I have some idea what I’m doing in that arena. 😀

• Tory Richards says:

Well, they always say write about what you know:) And your writing will evolve. I started out writing mainstream romance and have graduated to erotic. And just yesterday I was contracted for my first interracial romance. Still waiting word on my first paranormal. Never in a hundred years did I picture myself writing that! LOL

• Kay Lynn says:

I always went with write what you want to read, or rather, write what you wish would happen in your boring beyond belief small town. 🙂

My writing has definitely evolved. I started out writing very bad chick lit-type novels. I think I wrote three or four of them as a teenager. I had a circle of friends in high school who were all rather literary and we spent a remarkable amount of time at each other’s houses doing nothing but sitting around working on manuscripts. Those are some of my favorite memories from my teen years.

• floridaromanceauthors says:

Gotta chuckle out of your comment, boring beyond belief small town. I’m originally from China, Maine. A small town that hasn’t changed much over the years. Every time I go home I wish I’d returned there years ago. Now I live in the tourist capital of the world, Disney, Sea World, Bush Gardens, those areas. And I’ve always hated it. Want to switch lives? Wait, forget it! I think you said you have 4 kids? My one is 34 soon.

I’m working on your interview questions now and will get them to you soon.

• Kay Lynn says:

Yep, I’ve got four kids, ages nine, eight (well, for a few more days, anyway), two, and one. But I wouldn’t want to raise them in a bustling metropolis. My hometown may be boring beyond belief – especially now that my friends have all moved away 🙂 – but I can’t imagine a better place to raise a family. Cities are nice to visit, but I wouldn’t want to call one home.

If you hate where you live so much, why do you stay? What keeps you from moving back to Maine?