Once again, Mama Monkey from the Monkey’s Jungle has nominated me for an award. And since I’m short on bloggy inspiration at the moment, this seemed like a great time to share the fun. 🙂
This time, it’s the Versatile Blogger Award! I received this one the first time a few years back, so today I’ve got some new tidbits to share. But first, ze rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Seven things you may or may not have known about me:
- I am a recent convert to the Cult of the Egg Nog Worshippers. While I don’t go as gaga for it as my kids do, I’ve at last decided that it’s pretty okay.
- I love to play Balderdash. I don’t think I’ve ever won a game, but I sure do have fun with it. And it’s a great way to generate story ideas. 😉
- Charlie Brown Christmas stamps make me happy. Using them to mail bills, though? Not so much. For that I need my Harry Potter stamps, because nothing tickles me more than mailing bills with Snape and Bellatrix in the upper right-hand corner. 😀
- I love Christmas. I love the songs, I love the specials, I love the joy on my kids’ faces when they unwrap their gifts, I love Advent services at church…The only thing I really don’t like about Christmas is trying to buy gifts any time after Thanksgiving and dealing with snow.
- It drives me crazy when I read a word that I don’t know (and can’t figure out) how to pronounce. At the moment, that’s really a very short trip…
- I seem meant not to wear high heels. Every time I buy a new pair (and not the sky-high stilettos, either), I’m ready to take them off inside an hour. Life’s too short to wear uncomfortable shoes.
- I miss babies. I miss the sounds, I miss the snuggles, I miss the containability, I miss the sleepy smiles. I don’t miss the midnight feedings or the diaper blowouts or the spit-up volcanoes or the amount of stuff required for even a five-minute excursion out of the house, but every time I see a new baby, I think I want another one. 🙂
And the nominees are:
You! And you and you and you. Oh, and you, over there – yes, you, hiding back there in the corner – don’t think I don’t see you back there, skulking around in the shadows. If you want this award, have at it! And don’t forget to let me know you took it so I can learn more about all you lovely peeps! 🙂
(c) 2015. All rights reserved.