We’ve been doing a lot of work on houses lately. Last weekend (not this past weekend, but the one before it, the weekend of Father’s Day) we painted our old house because our deal fell through and people who’d looked at it before thought it was too much work to fix (although what’s so hard about hiring someone to side it once you’ve bought it is beyond me).
Anyway, it’s a three-story house. We painted it in a single day.
Now you know why I’ve been so tired lately and so behind on so many things. I have a whole post (complete with pictures!) that I want to write on the topic, and maybe I’ll get it done in the next couple of days. But this isn’t about that.
This is actually about all the work we’ve been doing on our new house.
We haven’t done as much to the new place as we’d hoped to have done by now, primarily because we haven’t sold our old house yet. So far, we’ve connected to rural water (No more smelly well water! Yay!), we’ve replaced the water heater that crapped out on us at the end of April, we’ve installed a new washer and dryer, and Seymour has built a new bathroom down in our basement. It’s not quite functional yet, but we’ve been so busy that he hasn’t had time to finish working on it.
We also filled in an old well and two cisterns last fall, something we thought was a great idea. Now the kids can play in the yard without us worrying that they’ll fall through rotting boards and drown (seriously, that well was so deep that it took three full dump trucks full of sand to fill it up, and even then there was a dip in the yard that we had to fill with dirt).
There’s just one problem.