As I was slaving over a hot stove preparing supper for the horde of hungry menfolk clamoring for food just outside my kitchen tonight (okay, okay, Seymour and the boys don’t exactly count as a horde of hungry men, but in a couple of years, I’m sure the boys alone will), I learned that my good friend Lindsey (whom I would like to thank profusely once again) had nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. So, without further ado, ze rules:
- Include the blog award logo in your post – check
- Thank the person who nominated you – double check
- Provide seven random facts about yourself – check again (see below)
- Nominate seven other blogs and let them know – alrighty then!
The Facts, Ma’am, Just the Facts
- I have a terrible memory and it’s getting worse. If I don’t write things down, I don’t remember them. Unfortunately, sometimes I remember that I need to write something down, only to forget what that something was!
- I am terrible at thinking up book titles. It always takes me forever to think up anything good. I will probably have my current WIP nearly finished before I have a title for it at the rate I’m going. I have no idea what to call it and I envy those people who seemingly have no trouble thinking up titles.
- One of my favorite movies is The Princess Bride. It is a rare movie in that I’m actually not sure which I like better, the movie or the book. Both are outstanding. However, the book doesn’t have Cary Elwes. 😉
- I love football season, but not for football. I love football season for marching band. For me, it’s more like marching band season, with football being a sideshow attraction. I despised marching band when I was younger and being forced to participate, but now that it’s no longer a part of my life, I miss it terribly. Oh, hello, nostalgia, lovely to see you again.
- I loathe housework. I wish we were rich enough to have a maid, but alas, we are not. When I was growing up, my parents had this plaque that hung in our dining room. I would love to hang it in our house, but Seymour put his foot down against it. The plaque said, “Apology: Although you’ll find our house a mess, come in, sit down, converse. It doesn’t always look like this – some days, it’s even worse!” It fits our house, too.
- I am having a blast working on my latest writing project. I feel like my writing is a lot stronger and that I have learned a ton as I’ve been editing over the last six months or so. It’s a pretty great feeling.
- I talk in my sleep.
And my nominees are:
And now I’m done! Don’t forget to check out each of these wonderfully amazing blogs for yourself. And, if available, make sure you purchase their books! They’re all pretty great books that I think you enjoy. Happy Friday, al!
(c) 2012,. All rights reserved.