Caffeine – Addicted or no?

I don’t have a problem with caffeine.  I have a problem WITHOUT caffeine.

(c) 2012.  All rights reserved.

10 thoughts on “Caffeine – Addicted or no?

• Kay Lynn says:

No, you’re not – the only way I can stomach the stuff is if there’s enough cream, sugar, and chocolate in it so that all traces of coffee flavor are obliterated. The scent is heavenly; the flavor, not so much. Tea, now, that’s good stuff, especially with milk and kluntje. I’ll drink tea just about any way, though – hot, iced, sweetened, unsweetened, with cream, or without. My preferred caffeine delivery system, though, is a nice cold liter of Dr. Pepper. It just doesn’t seem to be doing the trick lately. *sigh*

• Kay Lynn says:

It’s a kind of sugar, like rock candy, and it melts very slowly. My family always served it with tea growing up but it wasn’t till recently that I discovered (thanks to the wonders of the internet) that there’s a whole culture surrounding it. We just put it in our tea and drank it, using our spoons to scoop out the bits that didn’t melt so that we could eat them, but according to this, there’s a whole lot more to it than that. I thought the tradition behind it was pretty neat.

• Roger says:

In Norway, where I spent many happy years, they suck their coffee through rock sugar clenched in their teeth. They have to since the coffee is kept permanently boiling with new grounds being added when the stuff at the bottom of the steel pan turns to sludge. It’s like drinking axle grease.

• Kay Lynn says:

I know a few people who like their coffee so strong it’s barely drinkable. Sludgy coffee sounds even worse, although I’m sure they would probably still drink it. Not me, though. Yeccchhh.

• Roger says:

Survival exercise in the Royal Marines. If you fry them it’s almost like bacon – almost. Slugs are great and full of nutrition.
            Is it just me? I’ve given up posting on wordpress. I’ve lost the last three posts.

• Kay Lynn says:

Survival exercise in the Royal Marines.
            Well, that explains it then.

I’ve lost the last three posts.
            Hmm, that’s odd. I’ve not had any trouble with losing posts, though I have had comments being marked as spam that aren’t and I’ve had a couple of comment notifications being flagged as spam by my email that aren’t. Weird. Maybe Facebook is rubbing off on the rest of our things?